Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Chess Analogy

 (these were taken with that little soft box)
Well I decided to do a more educational post.(or one where you can learn something) Well After I took these pics of these two kings it made think,is there more then one king in my life,for it says in Matthew 6  No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.Or in other words you can't serve God and wealth and riches or things of the world at the same time.It also says in James that a double minded man is unstable in all his ways.Or a man can't be half in the world and half in God or he will be unstable. We need to evaluate are there things in our life that are taking the place of God , it could be hobbies,sports,our job you name it just whatever means more in our life than God.(or take his place)As in chess the two kings can not come close to each other ,so it should be in our life.(I'm learning this as much as anyone else) 

We are to serve one God , and when anything becomes more important then God it becomes our God
 
       Satan(or the dark side;) will do what ever he can to conform us to the image of the world and keep us from God.
And be not conformed to this world: but be you transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

8 comments:

Daniel October 6, 2010 at 10:04 PM  

Good post bro. Keep em coming!

Hannah October 6, 2010 at 10:31 PM  

Sooooooo. Reuben. I was sitting at my desk while Daniel was looking at these AWESOME chess pictures on the mac... I casually asked whose they were expecting him to rattle off some name I'd never heard before, and then explain who this incredible person was, etc... I couldn't believe it when he was like, "Oh, their Reuben's." NICE.

Daniel and Rachel October 6, 2010 at 11:01 PM  

I'm with Hannah. These are TOTALLY legit!!!!!! I LOVE THEM!!! :) I love your analogy too...it's awesome when you can combine a talent like photography with God's truth and come up with a great picture-lesson. :) Great work!

Anonymous,  October 7, 2010 at 11:43 AM  

Really great post son. I don't know if you did this on purpose, but I notice that in your first pic with the two kings, the picture is dull, but with one king its bright. With only Christ as Lord in our life, we will shine forth His glory all the more. Thanks for the reminder...easy to post...hard to live, by His grace, we will live it. Dad

Emily Mitton October 7, 2010 at 7:15 PM  

Wow, love the shots!! Impressive! And good to see an analogy to get us thinkin', too. I can really appreciate your Dad's comment, "easy to post...hard to live..."

Like the logo on your last picture - keep the variety comin'!

Anonymous,  October 12, 2010 at 6:09 PM  

thanks for encouraging us to examine our hearts. It is very easy to let stuff creep into our lives and take the number 1 spot in our heart. The pics are very cool by the way and the analogy very good.
~Heather Rowe

About Me

My photo
My name is Reuben Mitton and I am 18 years old(a senior). I am setting a blog to show people some things of my life,and photography(My new hobby) So enjoy. And if you think something is neat or cool let me know

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP